BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Been a LONG time...

It has been quite a long time since I have updated this. The last entry was from September 2008, and so much has happened- good and bad since then. Shayna is almost three now, and is so smart. The things she says and learns just astounds me sometimes.

Tragically, we lost my dear mother-in-law in October of 2008. She was such a great woman and it really hurts me that she is no longer here to see Shayna grow and live life without so much as one care in the world.

After the passing of David's mom, we started to remodel her house in December of 2008. We did so much to this house, and I am so proud of all the hard work and effort that my husband and Mike put into this place. We have so much more room and it's such a nice feeling to have an actual house. It took eleven long months to get it all done, but it was worth every minute. We moved in on November 21, 2009 and were able to spend the holidays in our new home. We have since rented our trailer that we were in, and the extra money is helping us to finally get back on our feet.

Another thing that I have really been trying to do is to lose weight. I need to do this not only to look better, but for my health. I signed up at www.myfitnesspal.com and it has been helping count all my calories, track exercise, and also has an online community for support and questions that I may have. I have kind of gotten off track, but I am working to get it back together. I've only been at it for less than a month, but I have lost 9 pounds, which is something I guess.

And lastly, and probably the most important thing..David and I have started attending church. He started going to his friend Darin's church 2 weeks before me because I just wasn't ready to attend yet. Several experiences in the past had left me pretty jaded with church, and the past traumatic experiences in my life led me to being Agnostic for about ten years. After attending the vow renewal of Darin and his wife last Saturday, I met a lot of the congregation and they were all very welcoming and nice. I then went to church the following morning with David, and I really can't wait to go back again. Not only did I feel very welcome, but I felt like belonged there. It's like there was something missing that I never even realized WAS missing. It also gives Shayna a chance to socialize with other children in her age group, and she absolutely loves the nursery there, so much so, that she never wants to leave and we have to walk her out screaming, lol.

In a nutshell, those are the big things that have happened since I last updated, and I will be adding a ton of pictures later.

0 comments: